On the AR-2000, the MIDI OUT/THRU jack located on the back panel can function as MIDI OUT or MIDI THRU.
MIDI OUT: This setting allows MIDI messages to be transmitted from the AR-2000.
MIDI THRU: This allows MIDI messages received at the MDI IN port on the AR-2000 to be passed on unmodified.
To set the MIDI OUT/THRU port, use the following procedure:
1. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator will light.
2. Rotate the SELECT dial to select "6.4 MIDI OUT."
3. Press the SELECT dial.
4. Rotate the SELECT dial to select the MIDI OUT setting (OUT/THRU).
5. Press the SELECT dial.
6. Rotate the SELECT dial to select "SET." If you select "EXIT," the setting will be canceled.
7. Press the ENTER button to set the specified MIDI receive channel.
8. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator will go out.