The BK-3 has an energy saving feature that turns the keyboard off after it has not been used for a set amount of time. Use the following steps to change these settings:
1. Press MENU so it is lit to display the MENU screen.
2. Use the UP / DOWN buttons to select "Global" and press ENTER.
3. Use the UP / DOWN buttons to select "Utility" and press ENTER.
4. Use the UP / DOWN buttons to select ""AutoOff" and press ENTER.
5. Use the DEC / INC buttons to set the AUTO-OFF setting.
NOTE: If you wish to turn the AUTO-OFF feature off select "Off." The BK-3 will stay on unless you turn it off.
6. Press EXIT once.
7. Use the DOWN button to select "SaveGlobal" and press ENTER to display "The Global Parameters are changed. Continue?"
8. Use the INC / DEC buttons to select "YES" and press ENTER.
9. After "OK, Write complete" is briefly displayed, press EXIT several times to return to the main menu.