U-20: Loading System Exclusive Data
Many MIDI devices allow you to store and retrieve data via MIDI system exclusive messages. For example, all the factory settings can be loaded back into the U-20 using this method. Use the following procedure to setup the U-20 to receive system exclusive data:
1. Press EDIT.
2. CURSOR to Setup and press ENTER.
3. CURSOR to MIDI and press ENTER.
4. CURSOR to Common and press ENTER.
5. CURSOR to RX SysEx = and use the VALUE buttons to select On.
6. CURSOR to SysEx Device ID = and use the VALUE buttons to choose 17.
7. Press KEYBOARD and SOUND simultaneously and then begin sending the MIDI system exclusive data from your sequencer.