The BR-1600CD allows you to import WAV or AIFF files from your computer into any track(s) of your choice. The following will guide you through this process.
Formats Supported by the BR-1600CD:
- WAV or AIFF audio
- Mono or stereo
- 8 or 16 bit
- 44.1 kHz sampling rate
- 0.5 seconds (approx.) to 30minutes (approx.) in length.
- Connect your computer and the BR-1600CD with a USB
- Confirm that the recorder is stopped, then press [UTILITY].
- Move the cursor to "USB" and then press ENTER/YES.
- Move the cursor to "IMPORT" and then press ENTER/YES.
- Use the CURSOR buttons and the TIME/VALUE dial to select the track and the V-Track to be loaded.
When loading to the tracks in mono, select the track 1–8.
When loading to the tracks in stereo, select the track combination 1/2–15/16.
- Use the CURSOR buttons and the TIME/VALUE dial to specify the measure or position in the track from which loading is to start.
Note: Pressing [F1] (DISP) at this time will allow you switch among the specification methods for positions (i.e., by bar, time, or marker).
- Press [F4] (GO). The BR-1600CD will begin communicating with your computer. When the connection is complete, the message “Copy 1 Wave File To BR-1600CD’s USB Folder.” will appear.
a. Click on the Windows (or Start) icon on the bottom left of your screen.
b. Click on “Computer” (or “My Computer”).
c. Click on the “BR-1600CD” icon (or “Removable Disk (*:)” icon.
a. Click on the “BR-1600CD” icon (or “Removable Disk (*:)” icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the USB folder. The USB folder opens.
Note: Confirm that the USB folder is empty. The presence of any files in the USB folder will prevent proper importation of WAV and AIFF files, so be sure to delete any such files.
- Drag and drop the WAV or AIFF file to be imported on the computer to the USB folder. Only one file can be imported at a time in each import operation. Do not drag and drop more than one file at a time. The import procedure cannot be carried out correctly when two or more files are present in the USB folder.
- Disconnect the USB memory from your computer as follows:
[ Windows ]
Use the Safely Remove
Hardware icon in the Windows task tray to un-mount the USB memory and then disconnect the USB memory from your computer.
[ Mac ]
Drag the Drive icon of the
- USB memory into the trash in the dock and then remove the USB memory from your computer.
- When this process has been completed, the USB Import screen will be displayed once again. The WAV and/or AIFF files will then be automatically deleted from the USB folder.
- Press the BR-1600CD’S [EXIT/NO] several times to return to the Top screen. At this point, you can safely disconnect the USB cable from the BR-1600CD and the computer.
- Repeat this process for any additional WAV or AIFF files that you would like to import.