To keep the hard drive working optimally, you will need to format it on a regular basis. A physical format on a VS-2400 will take approximatly 1 1/2 hours to complete. Use the following procedure to format your hard drive:
1. While holding down SHIFT, Press F1 PROJECT.
2. Use the CURSOR arrows to Select "IDE:0".
3. Press PAGE until "FmtDrv" is displayed above F2.
4. Press F2.
5. CURSOR to "Physical Format".
6. Rotate the TIME/VALUE dial so that "On" is selected.
7. CURSOR to "Surface Scan".
8. Rotate the TIME/VALUE dial so that "On" is selected.
9. Press F5 [OK].
10. Press ENTER/YES two times.
Using the VGA monitor:
1. Click on PROJECT.
2. From the drop-down menu select "Project List"
3. Press the PAGE button three times to get to Page 4 of the Project List.
4. You should see [FMTDRV] above F2, if so, select F2. If [FMTDRV] seems "greyed out", cursor up to IDE:0 and then you should be able to select it.
5. Once in the Format Drive screen, cursor down to Physical Format and Surface Scan and use the TIME/VALUE dial to turn them both "ON".
6. Select F5 [OK] and press ENTER/YES for all the messages that come up.
NOTE: If you have plug-ins installed, make a back-up of them before performing this procedure.