The following article will guide you through setting up the SYSTEM-1 to be used as the input audio interface with Logic Pro X software.
Audio I/O Setup:
- Select Logic Pro X in the menu bar and navigate to Preferences.
- Click on “Audio...”
- Under the Devices tab, set your Input Device to SYSTEM-1 if it is not already set.
- Click “Apply Changes”
- Close the Preferences Menu
Now we will select the input source (the USB outputs of the SYSTEM-1) for a track.
- Select Track in the menu bar and click on “New Tracks…”
- Click on the "Input" box. Then, select the first stereo channel 1/2.
- Click on the "R" track arm button so that it turns red to arm the track(s).
- Press R on the keyboard to begin recording.
The SYSTEM-1 is now setup for Logic Pro X and you can follow the basic recording instructions from Apple for additional information regarding recording audio.
Apple's Logic Pro X User Guide manual will guide you through recording in their software (for example: their Chapter 7 sections regarding working with tracks and Chapter 8 sections for recording):
Logic Pro X User Guide