There are 200 Kits in the HPD-20 that can be customized to your liking. Within each kit, you can assign any instrument to any of the pads. Here's how:
1. Choose a Kit that you'd like to edit.
2. Press MENU.
3. Press ENTER (INST).
4. Hit one of the on-board pads (or an external pad) that you'd like to assign an instrument to.
5. Press the + or - buttons to choose the desired instrument. Tip: To scroll through the instruments quickly, press + and - together.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any remaining pads as desired.
7. Press the KIT button when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.