HPD-15: Using an Expression Pedal (Roland EV-5 / FV-300L)
It's possible to control various parameters with an external expression pedal (such as a Roland EV-5) in the Handsonic. Use the following steps to set this up:
1. Connect the EV-5 to the EXP PEDAL/HH CTRL input on the back panel of the HPD-15.
2. Choose a patch to edit.
3. Press the SYSTEM button so it's lit.
4. Press PARAMETER (>) until "PEDAL SELECT" shows in the display.
5. Turn the PATCH/VALUE dial until "EXP PEDAL" shows in the display.
6. Press SYSTEM once so it's unlit.
7. Press EDIT twice so its lit solidly.
8. Press PARAMETER Left (<) or Right (>) to select "PAD CTRL Ctrl Rx."
9. Hit the desired pad that you want to control.
10. Turn the PATCH/VALUE dial until "ON" shows in the display.
11. Press PARAMETER Right (>) five times to select "PAD CTRL Ctrl Tx."
12. Turn the EV-5's MINIMUM VOLUME control knob counter-clockwise so it's set to "0", and then move the pedal of the EV-5.
13. Turn the PATCH/VALUE dial to select the desired function you want to control.
Note: If you choose "Turntable," the effect will be heard on all of the pads.
14. When you're finished, press EXIT.