VS-2000CD: Optimizing a Project
Optimizing deletes only unused audio from the currently loaded project. It doesn't affect current audio on any of your V-Tracks, whether the V-Tracks are currently selected or not. After you optimize a project, you can no longer UNDO actions performed before the optimization procedure and your Undo levels start over again at Level 1 with the first action taken after the optimization. Also, you cannot use UNDO to reverse optimize. A project can grow quite large with audio you don't plan to use. A lean project is faster to back up, and requires less CD-R/RW disk space.
1. Load the project you wish to optimize.
2. Hold down SHIFT and press F1[PROJECT].
3. If "Optimz" isn't visible above F5, press PAGE until it is.
4. Press F5 to select "Optimz".
5. The message will be displayed, "Project Optimize, Sure?", press the ENTER[YES] button to continue.
6. The message will be displayed, "Optimize Really Sure?", press the ENTER[YES] button to continue. Press the EXIT[NO] button to cancel.