SP-808: Expanding or Compressing the length of One Sample to Match That of Another
The following procedure has a typo in the manual. Steps 4 and 5 are in the wrong order in the manual. The following is the correct procedure for expanding or compressing the length of one sample to match that of another.
1. While holding SHIFT press SAMPLE TRIM under QUICK EDIT to display TIME STRETCH.
2. Press a pad or use the VALUE/TIME dial to select a TIME STRETCH SOURCE.
3. Use the CURSOR BUTTONS to select TIME STRETCH TO and press a pad or use the VALUE/TIME dial to select the pad to which the processed sample is to be written.
4. Use the CURSOR BUTTONS to select MATCH/W and specify the sample whose length is to act as reference by pressing its pad, or by rotating the VALUE/TIME dial.
5. Press [v] to select Type, and rotate the VALUE/TIME dial to go to "LENGTH.
6. Press [v] to select x1 and rotate the VALUE/TIME dial to select the proportion of reference sample length to be used. (If you want the length to be the same as that of the reference sample, select x1; if you want the length to be half that of the reference sample, select x1/2; to double the length, select x2.)
7. Press [ENTER/YES]. After a while, the processed sample is assigned to the designated destination pad.
8. Press [PLAY] to return to the basic screens.
These changes are automatically saved to the disk, even when the disk is removed, as well as in other situations (no save procedure is necessary).