SP-808: Triggering Samples by the D-Beam
The dual beam D-Beam can be programmed to trigger two different samples and can trigger them using two different methods. Use the following procedure to select the sample pads to be triggered by the D-Beam and the method by which they are triggered:
1. Press SAMPLE/BANK.
2. Use the CURSOR ^ / v buttons to select "Set Bank Param?"
3. Press ENTER/YES
4. Use the CURSOR ^ / v buttons to select "BeamAsgn Upper (L)"
5. Use the VALUE dial to select the first sample pad.
6. Use the CURSOR ^ / v buttons to select "BeamAsgn Lower (R)"
7. Use the VALUE dial to select the second sample pad.
8. While holding SHIFT press PAD TRIG.
9. Use the CURSOR ^ / v to select "Trigger Type."
10. Use the VALUE dial to select "HEIGHT" or "L < > R."
11. Press PLAY when finished.
"HEIGHT" means that the height of your hand over the D-Beam determines which sample is triggered: The first sample (UPPER) is triggered by a high position over both D-Beams and the second sample (LOWER) is triggered by a low position over both D-Beams.
"L < > R" means that the left beam triggers the first sample (UPPER) and the right beam triggers the second sample (LOWER.)