HPD-10: Controlling a HiHat sound with an External Footswitch
With the use of a footswitch (BOSS FS-5U or Roland DP-2), it's possible to control the open/close sound of a hihat. Use the following steps to setup and assign the hihat sounds in the HPD-10:
Connect one end of a standard [mono] instrument cable to the footswitch, and the opposite end to the FOOT SW input on the back panel of the HPD-10.
1. Hold SHIFT and press EDIT.
2. Press CURSOR down to select "EXT TRIG."
3. Press CURSOR right to select "MODE."
4. Press CURSOR down to select "TYPE."
5. Press the ( - ) button to select "FOOTSW."
6. Press CURSOR down once to select "Polarity."
7. Press the + button to select "+".
8. Press CURSOR down to select "Ctrl."
9. Press + or - to select HH-CTRL.
10. Press KIT to exit.
Next, you need to setup the HiHat instruments in a Kit;
1. Choose a desired Kit to edit.
2. Press EDIT - "Inst" appears in the display.
3. Press CURSOR right once.
4. Hit the pad that you'd like to have a hihat instrument assigned to.
5. Press + or - to choose "334: AcuHH2."
6. Step on the footswitch.
7. Press + or - to choose "333: AcuHH ft."
8. Press KIT when you're finished.
The footswitch is now setup to control a HiHat sound in the Kit that you chose above.
Note: It's not possible to use the FD-8 Hihat pedal with the HPD-10.