The RD-300GX allows you to use up to 2 sounds at a time in a Layer or a Split or up to 3 sounds at a time when combining a Layer and Split . Depending on the sounds you select, you may wish to Transpose one or more of the individual sounds. For example, in a piano and bass split, you may need to raise or lower bass sound by an octave to put it in the proper range for playing a walking bass line. Use the following procedure to transpose the parts in a Layer or a Split:
1. After creating a SPLIT or LAYER, press the EDIT button so it is lit.
2. Use the DEC / INC buttons to select "ZONE PARAMETER" and press ENTER.
3. Use the DEC / INC buttons to select "KEY TRANSPOSE" and press ENTER.
4. Use the ZONE SELECT button to select the part that you wish to transpose.
5. Use the DEC / INC buttons to set the transpose amount.
NOTE: The transpose range is up to -48 half-steps (4 octaves down) and +48 half-steps (4 octaves up).
NOTE: If you wish to save your settings, be sure to save them to a new USER SET UP.