Logic RPC, Studio Package: Getting LOGIC RPC to run in Windows XP
The following information should allow Logic RPC to be installed and run under an undocumented W98/ME emulation mode in Windows XP. Remember however, that Roland does not warrant or support this setup.
1. Go to "HELP AND SUPPORT" in the START MENU.
2. Type "Compatibility WIZARD" in the search window.
3. Open "COMPATIBILITY WIZARD" found in the Search results. This app asks "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL?" and the screen starts to look like W-98.
4. Choose "FIX A PROBLEM - Getting Older Programs to Run Under XP" and you will be prompted through the steps needed to run non-compabitible applications.
5. Choose to install LOGIC RPC from CD. Screen returns to XP when finished, then reverts to OLD WINDOWS look whenever LOGIC RPC runs.
Please note that system performance does take a hit under this emulation mode, so LOGIC RPC will most likely not deliver the full track count. However, for end-users who cannot currently use their Studio Package under XP, this allows a certain level of functionality.