GR-20: Using the Tuner
Its important to tune your guitar accurately so the GR-20 can operate efficiently. Use the following steps to tune your guitar:
1. Press TUNER so it is lit.
Note: Immediately after pressing TUNER, two numbers will show briefly in the display representing the reference pitch. By default, the GR-20 is set to 440Hz which is shown as 40 in the display.
2. If desired, you can select a different reference pitch (427Hz 452Hz) by turning the NUMBER/VALUE dial.
3. Play the 1st (High E) string (unfretted) repeatedly.
4. Tune the guitar so that only the green indicator under SW MODE is lit and the display shows E. (The display should show E if you are close to the correct pitch. If a different letter is in the display, continue tuning the string until E shows up).
Note: If the red indicators under PATCH LINK SETUP or MIDI CH light, the string is too sharp. If the red indicators under SIGNAL or OUTPUT LINE/AMP light, the string is too flat.
5. Repeat the process for each of the remaining strings.
6. Press TUNER so it is not lit or EXIT when finished.