The GR-55 contains an Auto-Off feature which automatically turns off the GR-55 after it has been idle for 10 hours. From the factory, this feature is set to "ON."
Here are the steps if you'd like to disable this feature,
1. Press EDIT.
2. Press the PAGE right button to choose the SYSTEM tab (upper right).
3. Turn the dial to highlight the "OTHER" icon, and then press ENTER.
4. Press the cursor down button to highlight "AUTO POWER OFF."
5. Turn the dial counterclockwise to choose "OFF."
6. Press EXIT. The new setting is saved automatically.