This function sets the baud rate (transmission speed) of the RS-232C/422A connectors. The following baud rates can be selected: 4800; 9600; 19,200; and 38,400. When using the RS-422A, please use 38,400 only.
Note that it is not possible to use both the RS-232C and RS-422A the same time, so set the [SELECT] switch on the back panel to select either the RS-232C or RS-422A.
To set the baud rate of the RS-232C/422A connectors, use the following procedure:
1. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator will light.
2. Rotate the SELECT dial to select 5.2 Baud Rate.
3. Press the SELECT dial.
4. Rotate the SELECT dial to select the baud rate (4800, 9600, 19,200, 38,400).
5. Press the SELECT dial.
6. Rotate the SELECT dial to select EXEC. If you select EXIT the setting will be canceled.
8. When you press the ENTER button, the baud rate will be set.
9. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator will go off.