TD-7: Selecting Instruments for a Kit.
Each of the 32 Kits in the TD-7 can be customized to your liking. Here's how to assign instruments to pads in kit:
1. Choose a Kit to edit.
2. Press EDIT.
3. Press the CURSOR right or left button so that "PATCH" is flashing.
4. Press ENTER.
5. Press CURSOR right or left to select "NOTE."
6. Press ENTER.
7. Press CURSOR right or left to select the value next to "Inst =."
8. Hit the pad that you'd like to assign an instrument to.
9. Turn the DATA dial to select the instrument.
10. Repeat Steps 8 and 9 for any remaining pads if desired.
11. Press EXIT 3 times when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.