The following article will guide you through recording audio to the BR-1200CD using the LINE IN connectors. This is useful when you would like to record "line-level" devices such as an iPod or a CD player.
- Connect the output of your external device to the LINE IN connectors of the BR-1200CD.
- Turn up the output volume on your external device.
Note: If your external device's volume is too low, the BR-1200CD will not be able to record a clean, loud audio signal.
- Press the LINE input select button on the top left of the front panel.
- Press the COSM EFFECTS button until the light turns off.
- Turn the INPUT LEVEL knob to the 3 o'clock position (pointed to the right).
- Press the REC MODE button so that INPUT is illuminated.
Note: Be sure that BOUNCE or MASTERING is not illuminated.
- Press the record button beneath the track that you would like to record to. The track button will begin blinking.
- Press the REC button and the press PLAY to begin recording.
- Begin playing audio from your external device. Viewing the audio meter on the BR-1200CD's screen, the level above "IN" on the bottom left of the screen should average around -12 on the meter. If audio is averaging well below this, raise the output volume of your external audio device.
- Press the STOP button to end recording.
- Press and hold the STOP button and then press the REC button. "Are you sure?" is displayed on the screen.
- Press ENTER to store the project.