The Jupiter-80 can connect to an Apple iPad (r) using the Roland WNA1100-RL Wireless USB Adapter (requires system version 2.10 or later). Use the following procedure to set up this connection using the "Ad-Hoc" mode:
Wireless settings in the Jupiter-80
1. Connect the WNA1100-RL to the Jupiter-80 USB Memory port on the front panel.
2. Press MENU.
3. Touch the "Page 1/2 Next" icon to display the 2nd screen of icons.
4. Touch "Wireless."
5. Touch "Options."
6. CURSOR to "Ad-Hoc Mode" and use the Value Dial to select "ON."
7. Press EXIT
Verify the following settings:
Status is set to "AD-HOC MODE"
Ad-Hoc SSID is set to "Jupiter-80"
Ad-Hoc Key is set to "xxxxx" (this is set differently for each Jupiter-80)
Connect to the iPad
1. Start up the iPad and select the "Settings" icon.
2. Select "Wi-Fi."
3. Under "Choose a Network," select "Jupiter-80." A password box will pop up - enter the 5-digit number from the Jupiter-80 (Ad-Hoc key), then touch "Join."
The iPad is now connected wirelessly to the Jupiter-80.
Setting Up the JP Synth Editor
1. Start the JP Synth Editor.
2. Touch the gears icon in the upper right hand corner of the application to open the settings window.
3. Under 'Choose a device," touch "Jupiter-80."
You should now be able to use the editor to control the Jupiter-80.