Each Kit in the HPD-10 can have its own custom MIDI Note Number assignments for each of the pads. If you're using the on-board pads to trigger sounds in an external module/computer, or using an external controller to trigger the HPD-10's sounds through MIDI, you'll need to match the MIDI note numbers with the external device.
Here's how to assign MIDI Note Numbers to the pads in the HPD-10:
1. Select a Kit to edit.
2. Press the EDIT button.
3. Press the down cursor button to choose "KIT/MIDI."
4. Press cursor right once, and then press cursor down to select "Note #."
5. Hit the pad that you'd like to set the MIDI Note number for.
6. Press the + or - button to choose the desired note number for the pad.
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for any remaining pads.
8. Press KIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the Kit automatically.