GR-30: Transposing A Tone
The Roland GR-30 allows you to transpose each of the two Tones down (up to 36
semitones) or up (up to 24 semitones). Use the following procedure to transpose
the pitch of the 1st or 2nd Tone:
1) Use the EDIT TARGET dial to select TONE MIX.
2) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select [B] for TRANS 1ST.
3) Press the EDIT/PLAY button.
4) Use the [-] or [+] buttons to transpose the pitch of the 1st Tone. For
example, a setting of [-12] transposes the Tone one octave below normal pitch,
while a setting of [+12] transposes the 1st Tone one octave above normal pitch.
5) To transpose the 2nd Tone, follow the above procedure while setting
PARAMETER SELECT on [C] for TRANS 2ND.
6) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE TO' and use the [-] or [+]
buttons to select a Patch location. (Remember that this procedure will
overwrite the old Patch in this location).
7) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE PATCH' and press the [-] and
[+] buttons simultaneously to WRITE the patch into memory.