VS-880EX, VS-890: Recording from the Digital Input
You can record the digital signals output from CD players, DAT and MD recorders, VS series recorders and other digital audio devices. The VS digital interface conforms to S/P-DIF.
1. Connect the digital cable (Coaxial or Optical) from your audio device to the VS recorder.
2. Press the [System] button until "System PRM ?" appears in the display and press [Yes]. MasterClk = INT will be displayed.
3. Turn the Time/Value dial left for DIG IN 1 (Coaxial) or right for DIG IN 2 (Optical). "Digital In Lock" is displayed. Note: If "Digital In Unlock" Change INT Clock ?
appears, check to make sure your sample rates match or your cable.
4. Press Play/Display
5. Press the Master Fader Edit button until it turns green.
6. Press the Select button for the channel(s) you wish to record to.
7. Using the parameter buttons (<>>), locate "Channel Link" and with your Time/Value dial, turn it "on".
8. Press the Master Fader Edit button until it turns orange.
9. Press the Select button for input #7.
10. With the Time/Value dial, turn "Channel Link" on and press Play/Display.
11. Press and hold the Status button for the track(s) you wish to record to. (The screen flashes *** Assign ***)
12. Press the Select button for input #7. (Select #7/8 will flash orange)
13. Press the Master Fader Edit button until it's green again.
14. Press and hold Record and the Status buttons for the tracks you wish to record to and have routed the digital inputs to.
15. Press Record and Play to begin recording.
Note: If you do not want to record in stereo, don't Channel Link the inputs or the tracks you are recording to.
In this case, input #7 is Digital Left and input #8 is Digital Right.