MC-50, MC-50MKII: Recording Rhythm Patterns
The MC-50 has eight linear sequencer Tracks, a Tempo Track and a Rhythm Track.
The eight linear Tracks record and play back recorded information from start to
finish, like a tape recorder. The Rhythm Track plays back short Patterns
similar to the operation of pattern and song based drum machines. Use the
following procedure to record a Rhythm Pattern:
1) Use the cursor [< / >] buttons and DIAL to select a new Song.
2) Use the cursor [< / >] buttons to select REAL so it is flashing.
3) Use the DIAL to select "RHYTHM."
4) Press REC/LOAD.
5) Use the DIAL to display "R-PATTERN."
6) Press ENTER.
7) Use the DIAL to select a Pattern number.
8) Press ENTER.
9) Use the DIAL and cursor [< / >] buttons to select a time signature.
10) Press ENTER twice.
11) Use the DIAL to select a resolution value.
12) Press ENTER.
13) While holding SHIFT, press PLAY/SAVE and begin recording.
NOTE: The one measure Pattern will loop continuously. With each repeat the
previously recorded material will play and new material can be recorded until
the Pattern is finished. The keyboard must be set to transmit on channel 10,
the default drum channel.
14) Press STOP when finished.
NOTE: The finished Pattern must now be assigned or recorded to a Rhythm Track
in a Song.