VS-2400CD: Importing a .WAV file
The VS-2400's .WAV Import feature allows you to load computer format (PCM) audio files from a data CD. This feature only recognizes the ISO9660 standard-format cd's. Both Mac and PC can create cd's in this format with the proper cd-burning software. If the .WAV file is at a different sampling rate (44.1kHz) than the project, then the file's sound may change when it's imported.
1. Insert the .WAV file CD into the CD-R/RW drive.
2. Press the CD-RW/MASTERING button.
3. Press F4 (WaveImp)- the WAV IMPORT screen is displayed.
4. Press F5 (CHGDIR) to access the .WAV file contained in a folder. Press F2 (PreViw) to audition the .WAV file. Using the CURSOR buttons or the TIME/VALUE dial, highlight the .WAV file you want to import.
5. Press F5 (SELECT) - the WAV IMPORT Destination screen is displayed.
6. CURSOR to the TRACK parameter and turn the TIME/VALUE dial to select the desired destination L/R (if stereo) tracks.
7. CURSOR DOWN to the TO box and turn the TIME/VALUE dial to select the desired time the .WAV file should start on the destination track(s).
8. CURSOR LEFT to the CONVERT TYPE box and select "Normal" with the TIME/VALUE dial for the best sound quality.
9. Press F5 (OK) to import the .WAV file.