SP-808: Pad Response Options
The sample pads can be triggered in three different ways, Gate, Trigger and Drum. These different options work as follows:
Press and hold the pad -> Starts playing sound.
Release pad -> Stops playing sound.
Press the pad -> Starts playing sound.
Release pad -> Keeps on playing.
Press pad again -> Stops playing.
Press the pad -> Starts playing sound (Stops automatically when the sample reaches the end point).
Use the following procedure to select the Pad Response:
1. Press the pad with the sample to be set up.
2. Press SAMPLE/BANK.
3. Check to make sure that "Set System Param?" is selected.
4. Press ENTER/YES and make sure that "PadPlay" is selected.
5. Use the VALUE dial to select "GATE," "TRIGGER," or "DRUM."
6. Press PLAY to return to the basic screen.