KR-570, KR-770: Formatting a Floppy Disk
The KR-570 and KR-770 have built-in disk drives for saving and loading Standard MIDI Files, User Programs and User Styles. Before using a new floppy disk, it must first be formatted. Use the following procedure to format a floppy disk:
1) Insert a write-enabled floppy disk into the disk drive.
2) Press MENU so it is lit.
3) Use the PAGE [< / >] soft buttons to display Disk Format.
4) Press the [DISK FORMAT] soft button to display Are you sure?
5) Press the [OK] soft button. Executing... will be displayed.
6) Press EXIT when the display returns to the COMPOSER MENU.
NOTE: Formatting a disk erases all data previously stored on the disk. If you are formatting a used disk, make sure it doesnt contain data you wish to keep.