Fantom X6, Fantom X7, Fantom X8: Assigning the D Beam
You can assign various functions to the D Beam. Use the following steps to set up the D Beam for controlling the resonance in a patch.
1. Press PATCH/RHYTHM so it's lit.
2. Press F7 (Kbd Part).
3. Turn the VALUE dial to select PR-A: 029 Remember.
4. Press ASSIGNABLE under the D Beam so it's lit.
5. Press F4 (Ctrl Setting).
6. Press F1 or F2 to select D Beam (Asgn).
7. Use the CURSOR buttons to highlight the Type box.
8. Turn VALUE to select CC71:RESONANCE.
9. Play the keyboard while slowly raising and lowering your hand over the D Beam and listen to how the sound changes.