GR-30: Using The Chromatic Mode
The Chromatic Mode in the Roland GR-30 eliminates pitch bend between notes so
that every note you play reproduces the nearest half-step tone. This is useful
for playing piano-type sounds. Use the following procedure to select a type of
1) Use the EDIT TARGET dial to select COMMON.
2) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select [D] for CHROMATIC.
3) Press the EDIT/PLAY button.
4) Use the [-] or [+] buttons to select a Chromatic Mode type.
5) Play your guitar to monitor the results of your editing.
6) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE TO' and use the [-] or [+]
buttons to select a Patch location. (Remember that this procedure will
overwrite the old Patch in this location).
7) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE PATCH' and press the [-] and
[+] buttons simultaneously to WRITE the patch into memory.