VS-1880, VS-1680: Using External Effects
Although there are many great effects in the VS8F-2 effects card, external effects can also be integrated for use with the VS-1680/1880/1824's input or track mixer. The AUX BUS is utilized for this procedure and any input or track is able to use the external effects.
Use the following procedure to connect the VS-1680/1880/1824 with an external effect processor:
1. Connect the AUX A output (RCA connection) to the input(s) on the effect processor.
2. Connect the output(s) of the effects processor to one (mono) or two (stereo) inputs on the VS-1680/1880/1824. Turn the appropriate INPUT knobs up about half-way.
Setting Up the AUX Bus:
1. Press the MASTER EDIT/SOLO button.
2. CURSOR to the OUTPUT section and highlight AUX A.
3. Turn the TIME/VALUE dial and extend the arm down until it intersects with the AUX BUS (or AUX1, if you have less than 2 VS8F-2 cards installed).
4. Press the TRACK SELECT CH EDIT button for the track you wish to effect.
5. CURSOR to the AUX box (or AUX1 if you have less than 2 VS8F-2 cards installed), and use the TIME/VALUE dial to turn it from "Off" to "PRE".
6. If using a mono connection in step 1, CUSRSOR DOWN to the AUX PAN value, and turn the TIME/VALUE dial to either "L63" (if using the top AUX A output) or "R63" (if using the bottom AUX A output).
7. Press PLAY to play the song, and adjust the input levels, if necessary, on the inputs being used by the external effect processor.