There are 327 built-in preset rhythm and metronome patterns in the BR-800 that can be used for creating rhythm arrangements for your songs. Use the following steps to create a Rhythm Arrangement:
- Press RHYTHM.
- Press cursor up to select the "TYPE" field.
- Turn the Dial counterclockwise to choose "ARRANGE".
- Press cursor down once.
- Press cursor left once.
- Turn the Dial clockwise to select "S" (Song). This selects an empty arrangement.
- Cursor down to "EDIT" and then press ENTER.
- Cursor to "STEP" and press ENTER.
- Cursor to the PATTERN field and turn the Dial counterclockwise to select "P."
- Cursor right once to select the pattern number and then turn the Dial to choose a desired preset pattern.
- Cursor to the right and the turn the dial to set the TEMPO that you want this Pattern to play at.
- Press FF to advance to the next step. Note: The step is represented by "No." to the left of "MEASURE".
- Cursor to MEASURE and then use the dial to set the measure in which the next Pattern will begin.
Note: The pattern assigned to a step will continue playing indefinitely until a new step interrupts it. So, for example, Step 2 will stop Step 1's Pattern from playing. Step 2 will start playing its own assign Pattern.
- Cursor to PATTERN and select a desired pattern.
- Cursor to TEMPO and select the tempo in which you want this pattern to play.
- Repeat Steps 14-17 until you have finished building your arrangement. We'll now setup an end to the Arrangement
- Press FF to advance to the next step.
- Cursor to MEASURE and turn the dial to select the measure that you want the song to end on.
- Cursor to PATTERN and turn the dial to select P327. This pattern is a "Break" pattern (silence).
- When you're finished, press EXIT 3 times. The Arrangement is stored automatically.
- Slide the RHYTHM and MASTER faders up.
- Press PLAY to hear the new Arrangement.
Here's an example Arrangement:
If you want:
Here's how this would be setup:
- Pattern P100 to play from Measures 1 through 8
- Pattern P110 to play from measure 9 through 12
- Pattern P210 to play from measures from measures 13 and 14
- And then the song will end--which means that the song ends on the downbeat of measure 15.