When channel playback mode is On, odd- and even-numbered phrases recorded as Mono types can be played back independently from the L and R outputs. To play the Mono type phrases back independently on the L and R outputs, use the following steps:
1. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator will light.
2. Rotate the SELECT dial to select 5.3 Channel Play.
3. Press the SELECT dial.
4. Rotate the SELECT dial to set the channel mode (ON/OFF).
5. Press the SELECT dial.
6. Rotate the SELECT dial to select Execute.
7. Press the ENTER button. The display will now indicate 5.3 Channel Playback.
8. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator light will go out.