VS-880, VS-880EX, VS-890: Generate Midi Clock
You can send midi clock to syncronize with a drum machine or stand alone sequencer like a keyboard workstation from the VS recorders. First connect a single midi cable from the VS recorder's midi out to the midi in of the other device.
1. Press the System button until "Sync/Tempo ?" appears in the display and press Enter/Yes. The display will say Source= INT.
2. Press the Parameter right >> button until the display reads Gen.= Off
3. Turn the Time/Value dial to select MIDIclk.
4. Press the Parameter right >> button until "Tmap1=120.0" appears in the display.
5. Press the Enter/Yes button. The bpm number 120.0 should start to blink.
6. Turn the Time/Value dial to select or match the tempo of the song you created on the drum machine or sequencer.
7. Press the Play/Display button to return to the main screen.
Note: You must now put the other device in External sync mode.