Use the following procedure to update the operating system of the A-90/EX through MIDI.
Note: This procedure will erase the contents of the user memory of the A-90/EX. As necessary, save the user memory to a memory card or to a sequencer via system exclusive before proceeding.
1. Load the _00001.MID MIDI file into your sequencer.
2.Power off the A-90/EX.
3. Connect ¼ cables to the HOLD and FS1 jacks of the A-90/EX.
4. Connect the MIDI OUT of the sequencer to the MIDI IN2 of the A-90/EX.
5. While holding down the OUT 1 button, turn the power on.
6. The LCD should display UPDATA [******-*].
7. Playback the first .MID file (_00001.MID).
8. After the sequence has completed playback, press ENTER on the A-90/EX.
9. After B1: CE9A Update? is displayed, press ENTER again.
10. After Erase -> Write -> CE9A-CE9A OK is displayed, press ENTER.
11. Repeat steps 8-11 with MIDI files _00002 - 00008.
12. After the last file has been completed and verified, turn off the A-90/EX.
13. Hold down the MANUAL button and turn the power on to enter the Factory Reset mode.
14. Press ENTER to complete the initialization.
NOTE: If you are not able to operate the BENDER/MODULATION lever after following the above procedure, you may need to reassign this controller to its initial settings. Use the following procedure:
1. Press EDIT so that it is lit.
2. Move the BENDER/MODULATION lever to the right and use the VALUE INC/DEC buttons to select Ch.M > PITCH BEND.
3. Move the BENDER/MODULATION lever forward and use the VALUE INC/DEC buttons to select CC > MOD :1.