TD-30, TD-30K, TD-30KV: Selecting Instruments in a Kit
Any of the TD-30’s drum kits can be customized. Instrument tuning, changing the apparent shell depth of a tom and adding the sound of rivets to a cymbal are just a few of the things you can do. Choosing your own instruments for a kit is a good place to start. You can select different instruments for each of the pads within a drum kit. Use the following steps:
1. Press KIT so it’s lit.
2. Turn the dial to select a User kit (81-100).
3. Press INST so it’s lit.
4. Press F5 until “H & R” is not shaded.
5. Hit the pad—or portion of the pad, such as the head or rim—that contains the instrument you wish to change.
6. Turn the dial or use the +/- buttons to select the desired instrument.
7. Repeat Steps 5-6 for the remaining pads.
8. When you’re finished, press KIT. Your customization is stored automatically.