The FP-7F allows you to use 2 sounds at a time in a Dual Mode layer. Depending on the sounds you select, you may need to adjust the volume of the individual sounds. For example, in a piano and strings layer, you may need to lower the volume of the string sound so that it doesn't overwhelm the sound of the piano. Use the following procedure to adjust the relative volume or loudness of the parts in Dual mode:
1. Press the FUNCTION button so it is lit.
2. Use the + / - buttons to select "Pedal" and press the flashing PIANO button to enter.
3. Use the + / - buttons to select "Damper Pedal Part" and press the flashing PIANO button to enter.
4. Use the + / - buttons to select one of the following settings:
Right & Left - All parts sustain
Right - Tone 1 in Dual Mode and the Right Hand part in Split Mode sustain
Left - Tone 2 in Dual Mode and the Left Hand part in Split Mode sustain.
5. Press FUNCTION so it is not lit to return to the previous menu.
NOTE: If you wish to keep your setting, be sure to save them in a Registration.