V-CLUB-SET, TD-6: Synchronization
The sequencer in the TD-6 can be synchronized to an external device that transmits MIDI clock - i.e. a Sequencer or Recorder. Use the following steps to set the TD-6 to external sync.
1. With a MIDI cable, connect the MIDI OUT of the external MIDI device to the MIDI IN of the TD-6.
2. Hold SHIFT and press EDIT/SETUP.
3. Press the CURSOR RIGHT arrow button (>) to select MIDI COMMON.
4. Press ENTER.
5. Press the CURSOR RIGHT arrow button to select SYNC MODE.
6. Press ENTER.
7. Press the DEC/- or INC/+ button to select "EXT."
Note: When set to "EXT," the TD-6 functions as a slave device and the song selected will play only when receiving a "MIDI Clock" message. The external MIDI device determines the tempo and the TD-6 will follow in "sync" when you start or stop the external unit.
8. Press the SONG button to return to the Song Play Mode.