- 1 TB-3
- 1 USB cable
- 1 Computer with Ableton Live
Prep for Sequencing:
- Ensure latest drivers are installed: http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1313/downloads/
- Connect the TB-3to your computer via USB
- Open Ableton Live
- Configure TB-3 as Audio Input Interface (more info here: http://www.rolandus.com/support/knowledge_base/view/53735517)
- NOTE: TB-3 does not need to be clocked to Ableton for this example.
- Under Ableton Preferences ->MIDI->Output: TB-3, switch Track to ON.
- Create 1 Audio track and 1 MIDI track
- Set the input of your MIDI track to a controller of your choice (NOT TB-3)
- Set the output of your MIDI track to TB-3, Channel 2 (default)
- Set the input of your Audio track to Ext 1/2
- Set the output of your Audio track to Master
Your track setup should look similar to this:
From here you can manually program your synth lines, or use an external controller of your choice.