TD-20: Pattern Recording
You can use any of the 100 User pattern locations in the TD-20s sequencer to record your performance while playing the pads. Use the following steps to record a basic pattern:
NOTE: By default, the TD-20s pattern time signature is set to 4/4. If you would like to change it or other pattern parameters, refer to page 62 in the manual.
1. Press PATTERN so its lit.
2. Press F5 [NEW], or turn the VALUE dial to select a User pattern (101-200).
3. Press REC the metronome will start.
4. If desired, press TEMPO, and then turn the VALUE dial to adjust the tempo.
5. Press PLAY.
6. The TD-20 will provide a one measure count off. -1 will show in the display for the duration of the measure. After the measure, play the pads in time with the metronome.
7. When finished, press STOP.
8. Press PLAY to hear your new pattern.