VS-2400, VS-2480: Using Auto Punch
You can use the Auto Punch feature on the VS to precisely record "punches" automatically at points you specify. This can be useful for recording a certain section over and over again until the performance is right, or for recording yourself without having to use your hands to Punch In and Out.
1. In order for the VS to perform an Auto Punch, it needs to have an "In" point and an "Out" point to tell the VS where you want it to start recording and when to stop recording.
2. Press [DISPLAY/HOME]so that you are viewing the Home screen.
3. Use the [Time/Value Dial] to scroll to the exact time that you want Auto Punch to start recording.
4. Press and hold [A.PUNCH], then press [IN]. This will create an "In" Point.
5. Use the [Time/Value Dial] to scroll to the exact time that you want Auto Punch to stop recording.
6. Press and hold [A.PUNCH], then press [OUT]. This will create an "Out" Point.
7. If you want to verify or change the times of the "In" and "Out" points, press and hold [SHIFT], then press [A.PUNCH]. This will display the times for your Auto Punch In and Out points.
8. Press [DISPLAY/HOME]
9. Press [A.PUNCH] so that the button is lit orange.
10. Press the STATUS buttons of the track(s)that you want to record on so they are flashing red.
11. Use the [TIME/VALUE DIAL] to locate to a point before your Auto Punch "In" point.
12. Press [RECORD] and [PLAY]. When your "In" point is reached, the VS will automatically go into RECORD, and when your "Out" point is reached, the VS will stop recording and automatically go back into PLAY.
NOTE : You can also set up "In" and "Out" points while the VS is playing. Just press [A.PUNCH]+[IN] and [A.PUNCH]+[OUT] while the VS is playing.