VM-3100: Effects -- How to Route Insert Effects
To illustrate how to use insert effects in the VM-3100, we will treat a guitar
that is connected to Input 7 with a COSM effect. The COSM effects are applied
as insert routings to the channel. Remember that when an effect is routed as
an insert that it cannot be used on any other channel. Use the following
procedure to route an insert effect to a channel:
First, we will select the effect that we want to use in the Effect 2 processor:
1) Press [EFFECTS2] to call up the 'FX2' select screen.
2) Use the VALUE dial to select 'P42 GT:LivPool'.
3) Press [ENTER/YES(REDO)] to confirm the choice of the effect.
Now we will set-up EFFECT2 so it is used as a send and return type of routing:
4) Press [F1-F4 ON/OFF].
5) Press F1 until 'ÞOff' appears in the display. This turns on EFFECT2. The
effect will not be heard unless it is turned on in this screen.
6) Press F2 'LOC'.
7) Use the DOWN CURSOR to move to 'Location'
8) Rotate the VALUE dial to select 'INS CH07'.
9) Use the DOWN CURSOR to move to 'In Level'.
10) Rotate the VALUE dial to adjust the amount of signal going to EFFECT2.
11) Use the DOWN CURSOR to move to 'Out Level'.
12) Rotate the VALUE dial to adjust the amount of signal output from EFFECT2
to the VM-3100's bus outs.