The following are setup procedures for a connecting an audio source, such as a guitar or microphone, to the V-STUDIO 20:
- Turn the V-STUDIO 20's OUTPUT LEVEL knob completely counter-clockwise.
- Connect speakers to the L-OUTPUT-R jacks of the V-STUDIO 20 or headphones to the PHONES jack of the V-STUDIO 20.
- If you are using speakers, turn up the volume to the speakers.
NOTE: Do not connect the headphones or speakers to your computer but connect them directly to the V-STUDIO 20's headphone jack.
- Connect your audio input source into the V-STUDIO 20 (e.g. microphone, guitar, keyboard, etc).
- Turn up the audio output volume of your external input source (e.g. guitar, keyboard, iPod, etc).
NOTE: If you are connecting a keyboard, connect to the LINE IN of the VS-20. This may require adapter cables.
- In the INPUT section of the V-STUDIO 20, select the button associated with your input: MIC 1, MIC 2, LINE or GUITAR/BASS.
NOTE: If you are connecting a keyboard to the LINE IN, press the “LINE” button.
- Adjust the SENS knob in the INPUT section until the PEAK light blinks occasionally when producing sound (e.g. playing the guitar, singing into the microphone, etc).
- Adjust the DIRECT MONITOR knob to the 12 o'clock position--straight up.
- Begin producing sound from your external source (e.g. playing the guitar, singing into the microphone, etc) and then turn up the OUTPUT LEVEL knob clockwise until you hear audio.