BR-1180CD, BR-1180: Track Cut
This deletes the recorded audio in a specified area of your song. When this operation is used to cut the recorded data, any recorded data located after the area that was cut will be moved toward the beginning of the song to close the gap. If we use the analogy of a tape recorder, this is like using scissors to cut out a section of the audio tape, and then splicing the two ends together.
1. Press UTILITY.
2. Use CURSOR to select the TRACK icon, and press ENTER.
3. Use CURSOR to select the CUT icon, and press ENTER.
The Track Cut screen appears, allowing you to select the track/V-track from which recorded data will be cut.
4. Use CURSOR and the TIME/VALUE dial to select the track/V-track from which data will be cut.
5. If there are other tracks from which you wish to cut data using the same settings (range), press CURSOR LEFT several times to move the cursor to the "1." under "UTIL" and rotate the TIME/VALUE dial.
Specify the additional tracks from which data will be cut. If you decide to cancel the Track Cut operation for any track, rotate the TIME/VALUE dial to the left and select ?.
The Track Cut operation will not be performed for lines that contain even one ?.
By using the TIME/VALUE dial to select *, you can specify that the operation apply to all tracks or all V-tracks.
If you want the operation to apply to all V-tracks of all tracks, select *-*.
6. Specify the range that will be cut.
Use CURSOR to move the cursor to LOC and press ENTER, and the Track Cut (MEAS) screen appears.
At this time, you can select DISP and press ENTER to switch between ways to specify the location (measures, time, markers).
Set the following items.
START (start point): Specify the beginning of the recorded data that you wish to cut.
END (end point): Specify the end of the recorded data that you wish to cut.
7. When you have finished making settings, use CURSOR to move the cursor to the GO, and press ENTER.
The cut is executed.
8. Press EXIT several times to return to the top screen.