XPS-30 System Program Version 1.06
This system program updates your XPS-30 to the latest version 1.06.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your XPS-30 before downloading the archive file.
- Press [ MENU ] to invoke the menu screen.
- Use the cursor buttons to choose SYSTEM, and then press the [ ENTER ] button.
- Use the cursor buttons to select the INFORMATION tab.
The version information screen appears.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
[ Ver.1.06 ]
- The screen display when accessing Favorites was changed.
- File names of up to 32 characters are supported for BACKUP files.
- File names of up to 32 characters are supported by SMF IMPORT.
The following bugs were fixed.
- Audio files having file names of 32 characters or more could not be correctly loaded into AUDIO PAD.
- When bank switching is executing using the [-] button during patch selection, the patch cannot be selected correctly.
[ Ver.1.04 ]
- The "PATCH LIST (CAT) screen" has been added.
- You can use favorites even when the AUDIO PLAYER screen is displayed.
- The "Sample Cleanup (SAMPLE CLEANUP)" has been added to the SAMPLE MENU screen.
- By long-pressing the [ARPEGGIO] button, you can move to the ARPEGGIO screen from any screen without changing the arpeggio status.
- The "Part Level" parameter has been added to the VOCODER/AUTO-PITCH screen.
- In the VOCODER/AUTO-PITCH screen, moving the [UPPER] slider adjusts the Part Level.
- In the VOCODER/AUTO-PITCH screen, moving the [LOWER] slider adjusts the vocoder/auto pitch’s Level.
- In the PATTERN SEQUENCER screen you can now edit the patch that is used to play or record the track.
- The "Patch Remain" parameter has been added to the "SOUND" tab of the SYSTEM screen.
- The shortcuts have been added.
- The "COMMON" tab and "SAMPLE WAVE" tab have been added to the SAMPLE EDIT screen.
Please refer to the "XPS-30 Version 1.04 Supplementary Manual
( XPS-30_v104_e01_W.pdf )" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].
Items to prepare for the update
Following items are required to perform the update.
- XPS-30 itself
- PC to write the updater to the USB Flash Memory
- USB Flash Memory ( Roland's M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Flash Memory need to be formatted on a XPS-30.
Cautions with the update
- We recommend that you save your data to a USB Flash Memory before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by reloading the data you saved. For details on the procedure, refer to the following sections of the "Backing Up All Settings" of the Owner's Manual.
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the XPS-30. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your XPS-30 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the XPS-30 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
How to download and expand the archive file
Download the file named "xps30_sys_v106.zip".
It is an archive file in zip format, please double click on the file to expand. After expanding the file, the folder "xps30_sys_v106" holding the file "xps30_up.bin" will be appeared.
How to update
Please install the system program " xps30_up.bin " to the XPS-30 by following the process below.
Important notice: Never turn the XPS-30 off during the update process, or XPS-30 won't reboot correctly any more.
- Copy the update-use file ( xps30_up.bin ) to the root directory of the USB Flash Memory.
- Make sure the unit's power is switched off, then connect the USB Flash Memory device to the USB MEMORY connector at the left edge of the Top Panel.
- Hold down the [ TAP ] button and switch on the power.
- When the message "start update" appears, release the button.
The update starts.
* The update process takes several minutes to finish. Be sure never to switch off the power before the operation finishes.
- When the message "===update finished.===" is displayed, the operation has finished. (You will take about 2 minutes to update.)
- Switch off the power.
- Detach the USB Flash Memory, then switch on the power to the unit and verify that the version has been updated.