TR-8 System Update Ver.1.1.2
This is the latest version of operating system for the TR-8.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your TR-8 before downloading the archive file.
- Hold down Pad [ 14 ] and [ 16 ], and switch on the power.
The [ START/STOP ] button blink.
- Press the [ START/STOP ] button.
The current version is displayed with three digits on the display.
( When Version 1.04 is used: 104 )
- After checking version of the product, power off the TR-8 without performing any button operation.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
For details, refer to "TR-8 Updates" in the [ Owner's Manual ] ( TR-8_v112_e.pdf ).
What you will need to update your TR-8
- AC adaptor
- USB cable
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows 8 / 7 / Vista, Mac OS X )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the TR-8. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your TR-8 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the TR-8 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "tr8_sys_v112.zip" file on your computer to get the update file in the "tr8_sys_v112" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted file.
- Never turn off the TR-8's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the TR-8 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program file into your TR-8 according to the following procedure.
- Hold down Pad [ 1 ] and switch on the power.
INST select button BD through RC blink.
- Connect the computer to the TR-8's USB port by a USB cable.
BD and Pad [ 1 ] blink.
- Open the "TR-8" drive folder in your personal computer.
- Copy TR8_UPD.BIN in the "tr8_sys_v112" folder into the "TR-8" drive by dragging and dropping it.
* Do not copy the "tr8_sys_v112" folder.
- After copying the file is completed, remove the USB drive from the personal computer.
With Windows 8 / 7 / Vista
Right-click on the "TR-8" icon in My Computer and execute “Eject.” With Mac OS
Drag the "TR-8" icon to the Trash icon in the Dock.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
SD and Pad [ 2 ] blink.
- Press the Pad [ 2 ] button to start updating the file.
LT and Pad [ 3 ] blink and the SCATTER LEDs blink and light up in sequence, beginning with 1.
The SCATTER LEDs light up from 1 to 10, and when BD through RC as well as pads 1 through 16 blink, the update has finished.
- Turn the TR-8 power off.
Please verify the version number with the procedure described in "How to tell the version" part of this document.