TM-2 System Program (Ver.1.02)
This program will update the TM-2 system program to the latest version 1.02.
How to tell the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your TM-2.
- Turn TM-2 power on.
- While pressing down [ SHIFT ], press the [ INST ].
- Choose SYSTEM with pressing [ < ] [ > ] and press [ + ].
- Choose INFO with pressing to see the Version.
Note: If it shows the latest version 1.02 or later, there's no need to update your TM-2.
- Turn TM-2 power off.
[ Version 1.02 ]
[ Additional Functions ]
- Four new Trigger Type selection are available: "RT-30K", "RT-30HR", "RT-30H_SNR", "RT-30H_TOM."
- Advanced Noise Cancel Parameter specific for the "RT-30K" and "RT-30HR."
For details, refer to "About the RT-30's "Noise Cancel" Function" in the [ Owner's Manual ] ( RT-30_noise_je2.pdf ).
[ Functionality Improvement ]
- Improvement when adjusting the Delay Time parameter beyond 128 ms.
What you will need to update your TM-2
- SD card
- A computer with an SD card connector or SD reader ( Windows or Mac )
- Update file ( Please download from this page. )
Cautionary information when performing the Update
Opening the update file on your computer
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the TM-2. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- We recommend that you use the "Backing up all data" function. Please use "Loading all data" function to re-load the backup data.
- Never turn off the power of the TM-2 while the update is in progress! If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the TM-2 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This could require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Please open/extract the downloaded "tm2_sys_v102.zip" file on your computer to get the update files named "_BOOTPRG.ES_." Update Procedure
- Start your computer, and then connect an SD card to the SD Card reader on the computer.
* Note: Be sure to format the SD card in your TM-2 before transferring the update files. (Refer to "Formatting an SD Card" in the TM-2 Owner's Manual)
- Copy the update file "_BOOTPRG.ES_" onto the root directory of the SD card.
* Note: Do not copy the "tm2_sys_v102" folder, and do not place the "_BOOTPRG.ES_" inside the "Roland" folder on the SD card.
- Un-mount the SD card through the correct procedure, and then disconnect from the computer.
- Connect the SD card to your TM-2 with the power turned off.
- Press and hold [INST] button and then press the power switch on the TM-2 to turn on the power. "TM-2 UPD V:1.02 Erasing Now" appears in the display.
* Note: The update process takes approximately 20 seconds.
- When "Turn power off and on again" appears in the display, the update process is complete.
- Turn the power off and on again.
- Load your backup data back in to the TM-2 if desired.