SPD-SX System Update v1.06
This system program updates your SPD-SX to the latest version 1.06.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your SPD-SX before downloading the archive file.
- Press [ MENU ] to invoke the menu screen.
- Use the cursor buttons to select [ UTIL ], and then press the [ ENTER ] button. The UTILITY screen will appear.
- Use the cursor buttons to select [ INFORMATION ], and then press the [ ENTER ] button. The INFORMATION screen will appear.
The version infromation screen appears.
*Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
[ Version 1.06
- Five new Trigger Type selection are available: "RT30K", "RT30HR", "RT30H_SN", "RT30H_TM", and "KT10."
- Advanced Noise Cancel Parameter is added, specific for the use of "RT-30K" and "RT-30HR."
For details, please refer to "About the RT-30's "Noise Cancel" Function (SPD-SX_l_noise_e01_W.pdf)" in the [ Owner's Manuals ].
[ Version 1.04
The following bug was fixed.
- Click sounds may oscillate.
[ Version 1.03
- Added "BT-1" to the Trigger Type.
- Added "PDX-100", "PD-108" and "PD-128" to the Trigger Type.
[ Version 1.02
- Improved a stability on a USB connection.
The following bugs were fixed.
- On the [WAVE LIST] screen in the [UTILITY] menu, SPD-SX might hang up when previewing multiple WAVEs continuously. It was corrected.
- On the [WAVE LIST] screen in the [UTILITY] menu, added waves might not appear on the display. It was corrected.
What you will need to update your SPD-SX
- USB flash drive ( Roland's M-UF2G is recommended )
* It needs to be formatted with MS-DOS file system (FAT or FAT32) on a PC.
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac )
Cautions with the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the SPD-SX. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your SPD-SX while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the SPD-SX won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "spdsx_sys_v106.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "spdsx_sys_v106" folder.
Procedure for the update
Please refer to the following procedure to install the extracted system program to your SPD-SX.
Creating the USB memory for update
- Connect the USB memory to the USB connector of your computer.
- Copy the "_BOOTPRG.ES_" file from the extracted "spdsx_sys_v106" folder to the root folder of the USB memory.
* Copy not the "spdsx_sys_v106" folder, but the "_BOOTPRG.ES_" file only.
- Disconnect the USB memory from your computer as follows.
[ Windows ]
Use the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the Windows task tray to un-mount the USB memory. And then disconnect the USB memory from your computer.
[ Mac ]
Drag the Drive icon of the USB memory into the trash in the dock. And then remove the USB memory from your computer.
Never power-off your SPD-SX while the update is in progress!
- Leaving the power to the SPD-SX switched off; connect the USB Memory to the "USB MEMORY connector".
- Hold down the ALL SOUND OFF, QUICK and EXIT button and turn on SPD-SX.
* You need to keep pressing the button until the message "SPD-SX UPDATER" appears on the display.
- The update process will start automatically.
When the update completes, the message "Turn power off and on again" will appear on the display.
After confirming the update completion, turn off the SPD-SX.
- Detach the USB Memory to the unit.