Kiyola KF-10 System Update Version 1.03
This system program updates your Kiyola KF-10 to the latest version 1.03.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your Kiyola KF-10.
- Hold down [ Bluetooth ] button and [ Speaker ON ] button and switch on the power to the unit.
The [ Tone ] button flashes in white.
- Examine the pattern of lighted and dark indicators to determine the current version.
If the three indicators are not lighted and dark as described below, perform an update.
* If the pattern of lighted and dark is as follows, the system is at the latest version. No update operation is necessary.
- The [ Play/Stop ] button is lighted.
- The [ Bluetooth ] button is dark.
- The [ Speaker ON ] button is lighted.
- After checking version of the product, power off the Kiyola KF-10 without performing any button operation.
] MAY 2016
- The sound of damper noise (the sound produced when the damper pedal on an acoustic piano is depressed and the strings are released) was improved.
What you will need to update your Kiyola KF-10
- Kiyola KF-10
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac OS X )
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- Never power-off your Kiyola KF-10 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the Kiyola KF-10 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Download the file named "kf10_sys_v103.zip".
It is an archive file in zip format, please double click on the file to expand. After expanding the file, the folder "kf10_sys_v103" holding the file "R069_UPA.BIN" will be appeared.
Procedure for the update
Please install the system program "R069_UPA.BIN" to the Kiyola KF-10 by following the process below.
- Put the "R069_UPA.BIN" at the root folder of the USB memory.
- Leaving the power to the Kiyola KF-10 switched off; connect the USB Memory to the USB MEMORY port.
- Hold down the [ Tone ] button and turn on the power to the Kiyola KF-10.
The update starts. While the update is in progress, the buttons repeatedly flash and go dark.
* The update operation takes about 2 minutes.
* Never switch off the power or detach the USB memory device while the update is in progress.
- When the [ Tone ], [ Play/Stop ], [ Bluetooth ], and [ Speaker ON ] indicators flash, the update has finished.
Turn off the power to the Kiyola KF-10.
- Detach the USB flash memory from the Kiyola KF-10.