JP-08 System Program ( Ver.1.20 ）
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your JP-08.
- Hold down PATCH NUMBER  button switch on the power to the unit.
- Check the illumination of the indicators to determine the current version.
If the indicators are not lighted as shown below, carry out the update.
* If the pattern of lighted is as follows, the system is at the latest version. No update operation is necessary.
- The PATCH NUMBER  button is lighted.
- The PATCH PRESET  button is lighted.
- After checking version of the product, power off the JP-08 without performing any button operation.
] MAY 2017
- A control mode for the JUPITER-8 software synthesizer was added.
Please refer to the "JP-08 Version 1.20 Supplementary Manual" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].
For more information about the JUPITER-8 software synthesizer, refer to [ https://www.rolandcloud.com/ ].
] OCT 2016
The following bug was fixed.
- When successive Program Change messages having different MIDI channels are received, the patch does not change.
] AUG 2016
- Transmission and reception of parameters using Control Change is supported.
What you will need to update your JP-08
- Micro USB cable (Dedicated charging cables cannot be used.)
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac OS X )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the JP-08. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your JP-08 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the JP-08 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "boutique_sys_120.zip" file on your computer to get the update file in the "boutique_sys_120" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted file.
- Never turn off the JP-08's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the JP-08 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program file into your JP-08 according to the following procedure.
- Connect the computer to the JP-08's USB port by a USB cable.
- Hold down Pad [ MANUAL ] and switch on the power.
"S1" appears on the display.
- Open the "JP-08" drive folder in your personal computer.
- Copy BQ_UPD.BIN in the "boutique_sys_120" folder into the "JP-08" drive by dragging and dropping it.
* Do not copy the "boutique_sys_120" folder.
- After copying the file is completed, remove the USB drive from the personal computer.
Right-click on the "JP-08" icon in My Computer and execute "Eject."
With macOS / OS X
Drag the "JP-08" icon to the Trash icon in the Dock.
- Press the Pad [ MANUAL ] button to start updating the file.
The progress (%) is shown on the display.
When "OK" appears on the display, the update is complete.
- Turn the JP-08 power off.