JD-XA System Program Version 1.10
This system program updates your JD-XA to the latest version 1.10.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your JD-XA before downloading the archive file.
- Press [ Menu ] to invoke the menu screen.
- Use the cursor buttons to choose VERSION INFO, and then press the [ Enter ] button.
The version information screen appears.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
[ Ver.1.10 ]
The following bugs were fixed.
- Knobs and sliders are not correctly set to the center value when positioned at the center notch.
- Ring modulation is not applied even when the RING switch is turned on using the [ INC ] button for a digital part.
- The amount of modulation does not behave correctly when the MOD LFO Depth value for an analog part is negative.
- C + L for the Bend mode does not behave correctly when PolyStack is on for an analog part.
- When saving a Favorite, the indicator ( LED ) corresponding to the save destination does not light up.
- When the Part Select button is pressed to quit LED DEMO, correct Part Select operation becomes impossible.
- Sound sometimes stops on switching to a program having a different WHEEL Assign setting.
- Resolution suited to the scale is not automatically selected only when Input Quantize is set to GRID.
- When the CLICK mode is set to ALWAYS, switching the Sync mode from SLAVE to MASTER results in continuous clicking.
- Executing Copy Tone sometimes results in rewriting a program other than Temporary.
- When LFO Tempo Sync is set to ON, no control change is output even when the LFO Rate knob is turned.
- The Edit symbol does not light up even when Pattern Initialize or Pattern Erase is executed.
- Data of greater length than Pattern Length is output by SMF Export.
- In TIE input for Step REC, a TIE is also input at other than the intended part.
- In TIE input for Step REC, an incorrect Duration is input.
- Data is deleted from other than the intended track by EXCEPT-NOTE for Realtime Erase.
- The sound does not return to the original pitch even when BEND is deleted by Pattern Erase or Realtime Erase.
- Pressing and holding the [ Tap ] button during startup of the JD-XA sometimes results in a system lockup.
- Other minor bugs have been fixed.
Items to prepare for the update
Following items are required to perform the update.
- JD-XA itself
- PC to write the updater to the USB Flash Memory
- USB Flash Memory ( Roland's M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Flash Memory need to be formatted on a JD-XA.
Cautions with the update
- We recommend that you save your data to a USB Flash Memory before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by reloading the data you saved. For details on the procedure, refer to the following sections of the "Backing Up All Settings" of the Owner's Manual.
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the JD-XA. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your JD-XA while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the JD-XA won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
How to download and expand the archive file
Download the file named "jd_xa_sys_v110.zip".
It is an archive file in zip format, please double click on the file to expand. After expanding the file, the folder "jd_xa_sys_v110" holding the file "JDXA_UPA.BIN" will be appeared.
How to update
Please install the system program "JDXA_UPA.BIN" to the JD-XA by following the process below.
Important notice: Never turn the JD-XA off during the update process, or JD-XA won't reboot correctly any more.
- Copy the update-use file ( JDXA_UPA.BIN ) to the root directory of the USB Flash Memory.
- Make sure the unit's power is switched off, then connect the USB Flash Memory device to the USB MEMORY connector at the left edge of the Top Panel.
- Hold down the [ Tap ] button and switch on the power.
- When the message "Update 1/3." appears, release the button.
The update starts.
* The update process takes several minutes to finish. Be sure never to switch off the power before the operation finishes.
- When the message "Finished." is displayed, the operation has finished. (You will take about 1 minute to update.)
- Switch off the power.
- Detach the USB Flash Memory, then switch on the power to the unit and verify that the version has been updated.